We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We're looking for our first-ever Talent Operations Manager to build out all aspects of Wave's Talent Operations. This position plays an integral role in shaping the overall talent acquisition strategy and involves analyzing candidate data and recruiter workflows to identify, evaluate, and implement processes, systems, and tools to improve recruiting efficiency. Ideally, you are resourceful and organized and are a talent acquisition professional with an analytics background (or a deep passion for analytics) and knowledge of the latest and best recruiting tools to guide and optimize our hiring practices. Reporting to the Talent Lead, you will lead initiatives to improve operational efficiency, bring insights on new recruitment processes and trends, measure KPIs, and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop, grow, and support the recruitment operations strategy to deliver outstanding candidate experience, reduce time-to-hire and operational costs.
- Partner with recruiting leads to research cutting-edge technology and evaluate our recruiting stack to deliver a superior candidate experience and world-class talent to the company.
- Analyze and communicate global candidate market, data, and trends to forecast recruitment activities.
- Manage key systems, workflows, and tools used by the recruitment team, ensuring compliance and measuring team performance.
- Develop an effective Talent Pool framework for all departments to include: job family, defined sourcing strategies, and a detailed hiring plan per role type.
- Onboard and train new team members on internal processes and tools.
- Work with Recruiting Leads to adapt complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans.
- Create, drive, and execute on a variety of projects, processes, and programs that improve the effectiveness of our Recruiting team and process.
- Remote positions and can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -8 and +4) with reliable internet access in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium, Poland, Spain, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Uganda, Kenya, or Ghana.
- Work authorization in your country of residence is required.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than six months
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country to country)
- 6 months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Thorough understanding of end to end recruitment process methodology in a rapidly scaling organization
- Possess an analytical mindset - proficient in using Excel and Google sheets (if you're familiar with Looker, that's a plus!)
- A high level of experience working in a leadership role for a recruitment solution, ideally within a global team
- Fluent in English, French is a bonus.
- Strong written and verbal/presentation skills
You might be a good fit if you.
- Are a "can-doer" and thrive on executing objectives
- Are exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Are incredibly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people and thrive at building new relationships.
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions - hiring for every role at Wave is unique!
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are tech-savvy and enjoy automating processes
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.