We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We're looking for a people operations assistant who's resourceful, organized, proactive, and excited about getting things done.
You'll be responsible for the administrative tasks for our offices and the activities associated with this location to ensure the smooth running of daily activities as we rapidly scale our business in Mali.
In this role, you'll:
- Support the logistics manager and people operations team in sourcing and maintaining quality facilities for Wave
- Support in various tasks to improve the working environment of Wave
- Maintain a clean, tidy, and well-organized work environment in Bamako
- Guarantee a reception for visitors and staff that is in line with Wave culture
- Negotiate with local providers to obtain the best prices for services and products
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service and resource providers
- Follow up on bill payment for Bamako facility utilities, including but not limited to the office (electricity, water, internet)
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and execution of company events in Bamako
- Manage repair requests and maintenance in Wave facilities (electricity, plumbing, handymen jobs, etc.)
- Support the Office Manager on all logistics about future office moves and office changes
- Support the execution of company events in Mali
- Location: You'll work from our office in Bamako and may travel to field locations.
- Work authorization in Mali.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Speak, read and write both French and English fluently
- At least two year's experience in administration, ideally in an international environment
- Strong organization skills
- Good spreadsheet skills
- Superior Technician's Certificate (BAC+2) or Bachelor degree
You might be a good fit if you.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Have developed processes and training with minimal guidance and have implemented them in an office environment
- Are a diplomatic team player who can also work autonomously
- Are flexible to work irregular hours
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.