We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for an Onboarding Specialist who's resourceful and excited about setting up things. You will be responsible for helping new hires integrate into our company and help create an efficient and inspiring onboarding experience for the employee's first days, weeks, and months at Wave. Your primary duty will be to provide a thorough, efficient, and consistent introduction to their new organization.
In this role, you will,
- Implement our onboarding process and procedures while finding new and creative ways to integrate new employees into the organization.
- Ensure all new hires learn about Wave by providing all relevant training and follow-up on Wave aspects like our mission, values, code of conduct, tools, etc.)
- Handle all onboarding-related tasks like initiating applicable background checks, entering new hire information into our HRIS, creating onboarding agendas, and providing hiring managers with the support needed.
- Partner with department heads, senior managers, people teams, and other colleagues to build and communicate effective onboarding plans for new hires.
- Act as a point of contact and support during the onboarding process. You will build positive relationships with the new hires making it easy to come to you with any questions.
- Coordinate and oversee all administrative and logistics tasks during the new hires' onboarding period
- Location: You'll work from our office in Lomè and may travel to field locations.
- You must have work authorization in Benin.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 2+ years of relevant experience in training or coaching
- 6+ months of experience in group training, presentations and public speaking
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, or another related discipline required.
- Speak both French and English fluently.
- Strong computer proficiency and ability to operate Microsoft Office packages
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Experience in a position within a fast-paced, high-volume hiring environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) will also be an added advantage.
You might be a good fit if you.
- Are strongly mission-driven
- Are highly organized and skilled in prioritizing multiple projects
- Are a welcoming person with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good at maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times
- High accuracy levels in work with clear attention to detail
- Curious, flexible, and adaptable
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.