We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
Our team has doubled over the past 6 months and we will continue to grow rapidly this year.
At Wave, a Regional Agent Ops Lead's role will involve:
Reporting to the Country Agent Ops Lead, the role holder will oversee all Wave agent network acquiring and operations management for the assigned region, by supervising all the activities of the agent openers, liaising with the respective agent admin teams for attainment of the set targets in the region.
- Agent growth– Coordinate the Agent Openers in the identification of opportunity areas for new agent locations and the acquisition of required agents according to the set agent selection criteria & guidelines.
- Agent Contracting–Ensuring the Agent Openers recruit agents in compliance to the legal and policy requirements as per defined procedure. Ensure all agents in your region have executed valid contracts and that the agents are Trained on the contents of the contract before the agent signs the contract.
- Agent Activation & Training –Ensure all agents are trained & certificated (all products and procedures). Including Know Your Customer (KYC) and AML/CTF as per defined agent training procedure and requirements. this includes delivery of supplies & coordination of outlet branding.
- Agent Ongoing Liquidity Management –Coordinate the Monitoring of cash / e-value availability at Agent’s in liaison with Liquidity and Agent Quality Territory teams.
- Risk Management and Routine Visitation–Manage the teams in Monitoring of Agent vs. targets through: Reports on emerging issues and assessment of the region’s performa mance.
- Agent Churn – Coordinate the Identification of Agents for Closure (as per internal procedure), recover Wave items & equipment and ensure branding material is removed.
- Be the primary contact person for all agency network acquiring & Wave products in your region. Execute operational excellence, cost management and compliance to internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Champion excellent customer service and implementation of quality service delivery standards.
- Location: You'll work from the allocated region with daily travel to field locations.
- You must have work authorization in Burkina Faso.
- This is a permanent position.
- Fluent in English - this role will interact regularly with non-French/non-Moore speakers.
- Speak both French and Moore fluently.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience specifically managing an agent network in Burkina Faso, including minimum 2 years of experience managing field-based teams
- Must have worked and overseen agent network activities in Centre, Plateau central
You might be a good fit if you
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Enjoy owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Have built and led strong teams in achieving key results.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective.
- Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating excel and on-boarding to new tools.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.