We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a User Growth Regional Lead who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for managing product roll-outs and supervising user growth activities throughout our field locations as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage a team of supervisors who in turn manage field-based promoters
- Identify and find solutions to critical blockers for user growth and maintain active usage of our financial products in assigned areas
- Hire, train and manage distribution team members and build systems to rapidly scale distribution as needed
- Build the roadmap for the distribution team in your area to achieve its quarterly key objectives, including iterating on a strategy based on growing our customer base day after day within an assigned region of Senegal
- Use data to make decisions on distribution strategies and monitor the performance of the team
- Work closely with the agent team to align key objectives and operationalize strategies
- Help to develop Wave’s distribution strategy by sharing insights and learning from the team’s experience
- Lead by living Wave's values, and ensure they're deeply ingrained within your team.
- Location: South Senegal (Ziguinchor, Kolda, Velingara etc;) and North Senegal (St Louis, Podor, Matam, etc).
- Willingness to relocate to other regions for 2-3 month periods is required.
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 2+ years of relevant work experience specifically managing field teams or user acquisition teams based in the field
- 1+ year’s experience designing strategies for user acquisition for a telecom, payment service provider, FMCG, or financial institution
- Speak and write both French and Wolof fluently.
- 1+ year’s experience managing large teams (50+ people)
- Proficient in English - this role will interact regularly with non-French/non-Wolof speakers, and reporting will be done primarily in English.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have planned and successfully managed customer acquisition strategies for mobile/financial products before.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Enjoy owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating excel and onboarding to new tools.
- Have teamwork spirit
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.