We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We have a Country Office in Uganda with more than 150 employees and quickly growing. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
We’re looking for an IT Support who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for troubleshooting and being the point of contact for tools as we rapidly scale our business. You might take on this responsibility for an office location or team, and work in close coordination with other IT Helpdesk Support members and your IT Helpdesk Support Manager
In this role, you'll:
- Work with our IT team to monitor and maintain internet access at the office to ensure 99.9% uptime, including liaising with external suppliers
- Ensure everyone in the office has access to the tools that they need to do their role
- Maintain equipment and hardware supplies, troubleshoot hardware and electronic issues.
- Support onboarding to ensure employees are setup with the IT equipment and tools that they need
- Ensure employees are set up on the correct hardware for their job
- Support with monitoring the performance of existing computer systems and IT infrastructures
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Work authorization in Uganda required
- Good communicator with ability to work with diverse cultural teams.
- 2+ years as the IT Support in a fast-paced office setting
- Experience managing network setup (Cisco or any Networking certification is desirable)
- Experience troubleshooting and providing customer support in an IT role (ITIL certification is desirable)
- Knowledgeable in managing iOS and Android devices.
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Experience managing and working with mobile device management applications (Jamf, Google MDM, etc)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving attitude
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.