We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
Our team has doubled over the past 6 months and we will continue to grow rapidly this year. We are looking for a Recruiting Coordinator who is tech savvy, incredibly organized and excited about our mission to join our people team in Burkina. You will coordinate logistics and conduct interview screens quickly and methodically, with a high attention to detail.
In this role you'll;
- Review applications to identify candidates who are both technically excellent and exceptional culture fits
- Carry out semi-structured interviews with candidates as part of the screening process
- Supporting recruiting efforts via sourcing and scheduling interviews
- Deeply understand and be an ambassador for our culture, values, and habits
- Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Work authorization in Burkina required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.\
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 1+ years of recruitment or HR experience
- A diploma or higher in Human Resources, Communications, or another related discipline
- Speak both French and English fluently.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume hiring environment is strongly preferred and will be an added advantage.
- Strong computer proficiency and ability to operate Microsoft Office packages
- Strong organizational, time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) like greenhouse, workable, etc., will also be an added advantage.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing on objectives
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over communication
- Are incredibly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Are tech savvy and enjoy automating processes
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.