We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Master Agent Manager. You'll be responsible for leading the master agents team on day to day management and roll out to help rapidly scale our business in Burkina Faso
In this role, you'll:
- Create and manage a roll-out plan for singleton Master agents and corporate Master agent
- Lead the master agent team to grow a sustainable master agent network
- Lead and deliver on all the projects related to master agents
- Work with team to ensure master agents have 100% all the supplies required
- Be the primary contact person for all master agent issues
- Ensure that high quality service is provided by the master agents network
- Overseeing the development of master agents and ensure high quality master agents
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
- Manage a stable of existing corporate partnerships, focusing on strategy and stewardship of partners to more robust contribution to the growth of Wave ops
- Location is primarily based in Ouagadougou with the possibility for intermittent travel throughout Burkina Faso
- Work authorization in Burkina Faso required
- Fluent in English - this role will interact regularly with non-French/Moore speakers.
- Speak both French and Moore fluently will be a great advantage; Dioula is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of our product and agent network since the candidate will be required to explain the product to agents and other stakeholders
You might be a good fit if you
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are flexible enough to adapt to various process changes and updates gracefully
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Are charismatic and enjoy talking and explaining new ideas and products to people
- Love owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.