We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The Territory Lead will oversee all Wave agent network acquiring and operations management for the assigned region and liaising with the respective agent admin teams for attainment of the set targets in the region.
- Agent Quality– by ensuring that agents in your territory
- are compliant with the legal and policy requirements as per defined procedure.
- have executed valid contracts.
- are trained on the contents of the contract before signing the contract.
- are well branded and have supplies needed to deliver their services.
- Agent Ongoing Liquidity Management –Coordinate the monitoring of cash / e-value availability at Agent’s in liaison with Liquidity team.
- Risk Management and Routine Visitation–Manage the teams in Monitoring of Agent vs. targets through: Reports on emerging issues and assessment of the region’s performance.
- Agent Churn – Identify agents to close (as per internal procedure), recover Wave items & equipment and ensure branding material is removed.
- Be the primary contact person for all agency network acquiring & Wave products in your region. Execute operational excellence, cost management and compliance to internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Champion excellent customer service and implementation of quality service delivery standards.
We’re looking for an Operations Territory Lead who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for managing product roll-outs and supervising agents in your work location as we rapidly scale our business in Burkina Faso.
You may also serve as a representative of Wave to users, overseeing our distribution and marketing, talking to users — interviewing people about their needs and problems with regards to money transfer and financial services.
- Location: You'll work from the allocated region with daily travel to field locations. Preferably you originate from this region or have good past experience operating here.
- You must have work authorization in Burkina Faso
- This is a permanent position.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience specifically managing an agent network in Burkina Faso, including minimum 1 years’ of experience managing field-based teams
- Speak French fluently. Mooré/Dioula and any other local language is a plus.
- Fluent in English if possible - this role will interact regularly with English speakers.
- Must have worked and overseen agent network activities in the region of Kaya, Dori, Dedougou, Ouahigouya, Pouytenga
You might be a good fit if you.
- Are great at leadership and people management skills
- Are excited about working in the field, as this is a largely field-operations role
- Are detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, able to independently follow through on tasks and able to manage team priorities effectively
- Enjoy team work, but also know how to work well independently
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating excel and on-boarding to new tools
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.