We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an experienced Liquidity Administration Assistant who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for being the treasury team focal point in handling agent and treasury team communication as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with agents for optimal communication
- Prepare settlement bulk sms in due time to be sent to agents early in the morning
- Follow up agent settlements to (1) identify and call those whom have not settled us the previous day and (2) call agent we have just settled cash via bank to inform them that cash is available
- Maintain a proper tracking and archive spreadsheet for calls made to agents whom have not properly settled
- Report any risk related issues to your supervisor and to the treasury team
- Ad-hoc tasks requested by your supervisor
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Work authorization in Uganda required
- Can speak English and a local language
- Bachelors degree in Finance or a related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience in treasury operations, reconciliation and liquidity management
You might be a good fit if you
- Are comfortable with external communication in a polite and respectful manner
- Have a strong aptitude and understanding of the communication aspects
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Enjoy studying google spreadsheets in order to display digestible data
- Have developed processes and trainings with minimal guidance and have implemented them in the field
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.