We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for a Sales Trainer to develop and deliver training courses for our Distribution team. As a Sales Trainer, you are responsible for collaborating with the Distribution team and identifying issues the distributors face in the field. You will also be responsible for maximizing their effectiveness through these training programs.
In this role, you'll;
- Analyze day-to-day needs for training in the distribution team.
- Create the learning material training, curriculum, and estimate budgets required to deliver the planned training
- Deliver the training sessions physically or online for new and current distributors, their leads, and the whole team.
- Monitor performance after each session and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop new approaches and techniques for making improvements in training programs.
- Support the hiring process of a new distribution force.
- Maintain and update the records of all training material used.
- Drive improvement by staying up-to-date with the latest market trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales Training Specialist, Corporate Sales Trainer, or a similar role.
- Professional certifications in sales training, such as Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP) and Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP), will be preferred.
- Location: Bamako, Mali, with travel to different places to deliver training
- This is a permanent position.
You might be a good fit if you;
- Have a high sales acumen
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get things done
- Can function autonomously with minimal guidance
- Excellent time management
- Possess strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Have experience in designing, developing, and delivering training material
- Able to carry out Training Needs Analysis
- Able to communicate ideas and instructions to the staff at all levels in a clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills – experience working with a multi-cultural organization
- Advanced or proficient level of Microsoft Office skills, PowerPoint and Excel in particular
- Demonstrated an ability to learn fast on a job
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.