We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
As a Regional Agent Operations Lead, report to the Country Agent Operations Lead. You will oversee the agent network acquiring and operations management for the region/s assigned to you.
Your responsibilities are;
- Agent growth: Coordinate the Agent Openers to identify opportunity areas for new agent locations and acquire required agents according to the set agent selection criteria & guidelines.
- Agent Contracting: Ensure the Agent Openers recruit agents in compliance with the legal and policy requirements as per the defined procedure. Ensure agents in your region have valid contracts and are trained on the contents of the contract before signing.
- Agent Activation & Training: Ensure all agents are trained & certificated on all Wave products and procedures, including Know Your Customer (KYC) and AML/CTF.
- Agent Ongoing Liquidity Management: Coordinate the Monitoring of cash / e-value availability at the agent's liaison with liquidity and agent quality territory teams.
- Risk Management and Routine Visitation: Manage the teams in monitoring agents vs. targets by reporting on emerging issues and assessing the region's performance.
- Agent Churn: Coordinate the identification of agents for closure as per internal procedure to recover Wave items and equipment and remove any branding materials.
- Be the primary contact person for all agency network acquiring and Wave products in your region. Execute operational excellence, cost management, and compliance to internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Champion excellent customer service and implement quality service delivery.
- Location: You'll work from the allocated region with daily travel to field locations.
- You must have work authorization in Mali.
- This is a permanent position.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience managing an agent network.
- 2+ years of experience managing field-based teams
- Speak French and Bambara fluently
- Fluent in English this role will regularly interact with non-French speakers.
You might be a good fit if you.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Enjoy owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Have built and led strong teams in achieving key results.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective.
- Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating excel and on-boarding to new tools.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.