We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Distribution Supervisor with great management skills, who is detail-oriented and a people person. You will be participating in managing our distribution team in the the assigned region in Uganda.
In this role, you'll:
- Be in a key position to implement Wave’s rapid growth strategy
- Managing a team of 20-50 distributors
- Scout markets and develop concrete plans for market distribution activities
- Work closely with our field agent team to ensure Wave has a visible presence in Uganda
- Using a map and site visits to conduct distribution in key assigned areas of Uganda
- Working with a territory lead to identify and implement various distribution strategies
- Managing, improving and evaluating the activities of 20-50 distributors
- Mastering Wave distribution for new clients
- Giving feedback to our product team and engineers to improve the distribution process
- Coaching, training and mentoring teams to achieve desired market impact and targets
- Location is primarily based in one of the major cities of UG ( Kampala, Maska, Mukono, Jinja, Busia, Mbale, Soroti, Fortportal, Mbarara, Kabale, Lira, Gulu, Arua) with possibility of relocations to other parts of the country when need arises
- Work authorization in Uganada required
- Annual renewable contract with 1-month trial
You might be a good fit if you
- High sales acumen
- Are excited about working in the field, as this is a field-only role
- Are detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, able to independently follow through on tasks and able to manage priorities effectively
- Enjoy team work, but also know how to work well independently
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
Bonus points if you
- Have experience in a field sales job
- Can work in the local language of the area of operation.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.