We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a User Acquisition Country Lead for our operations in TG who’s experienced in managing teams, executing on product sales’ strategy, resourceful, and excited about rolling up their sleeves to work in the field. You'll be responsible for the daily operations of our field sale teams in Togo as we rapidly scale our business in Togo. The job entails planning and executing user acquisition campaigns and maintaining desirable user activity rates.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage sales teams who are responsible for growing Wave’s user base in TG.
- You will need to identify and find solutions to critical blockers for customer growth and maintaining active usage of our financial products.
- Build the roadmap for the distribution team in TG to achieve its quarterly key objectives:
- Work closely with the ATL team and the rest of the marketing
- Work closely with Wave agent team to align key objectives and operationalize strategies
- Take ownership of operations in rapidly scaling Wave's field sales teams (in charge of customer acquisition ) across TG with the processes and people needed
- Develop a field marketing program for customer acquisition, that gives existing and new staff the right skills and expertise to serve our users
- Coordinate and ensure diverse projects on the roadmap are on track by:
- setting up clear responsibilities for the team and ensuring individuals have the resources needed
- providing day to day management and mentorship of team members
- working closely with HR, Agent Management, and Media teams to align activities
- Help to develop Wave’s global strategy by sharing insights and learning from the team’s experience in TG.
- Lead by living Wave's values, and ensure they're deeply ingrained within your team.
- Fluent in English - this role will interact regularly with non-French speakers, and reporting will be done primarily in English.
- Speak and write both French and English fluently.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience specifically managing sales teams or user acquisition teams based in the field
- At least 1 year’s experience designing strategies for user growth for a telecom, payment service provider, FMCG, or financial institution
- At least 1 year’s experience managing large teams (+100 people)
- Location: You'll work from our office in Togo,with frequent travel or temporary relocation to field locations within Togo.
- You must have work authorization in Togo.
- This is a permanent position
You might be a good fit if you
- Have planned and successfully managed customer acquisition strategies for mobile/financial products before.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a self-starters and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Enjoy owning projects - you are autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Have built and led strong teams in achieving key results.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective.
- Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating excel and onboarding to new tools.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.