You’ve already got the hardware
Like many people, you might be surprised to hear that most of your computers have a TPM. These chips are built to open standards, and they’re inside most of today’s enterprise-class PCs. Mobile devices are catching up fast. You bought them, you deployed them … why not use them?
Make security easier and cheaper: consolidate
In addition to using the TPM chip for device ID, you can use it as a strong token for user ID. Remember too that with our hardware-based solution, your people don't have to carry a smart card. The “token” is soldered onto the motherboard. Think of it: no more lost smart cards. You’re buying 10 to 15 percent more than you need to replace the ones that get lost, right? And then you spend more to mail them to your users.
ERAS software presents the TPM as a virtual smart card so existing solutions such as Microsoft Windows Login and Remote Desktop already know how to integrate. This provides you with true, hardware-based, multi-factor authentication that uses the hardware that you have already deployed.
ERAS makes proving compliance easier too, because you can document exactly which devices are on your network.
Easy security compliance
- Because you can say you know not only which people but which devices are on your network
- Secure your network from hackers by restricting access to only your devices
- Tamper-resistant hardware gives you a high-level of confidence
- Prevent jailbreak attacks by using the TPM to protect your digital certificates
- Identify your PCs in a unique and persistent way, over the life of the machine
- Certified TPM credentials increase security and provide a high level of confidence
- Create a common two-factor authentication experience for users inside and outside the firewall
- Consolidate disparate VPN and Wi-Fi strong authentication schemes into one common standards-based solution
- Users don’t have to keep track of a smart card or other ID device
Windows 8 Tablet Compatibility
- Provide the same Strong Authentication on Windows 8 Pro & Enterprise tablets that you want for your enterprise PCs - with Wave Mobility Pro - Tablet Edition
Microsoft, Windows, and BitLocker are either registered trademarks or trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.