Wave Systems Corp. (NASDAQ:WAVX www.wave.com) today announced that its EMBASSY Remote Administration Server, a powerful console for managing embedded hardware security including Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs) and Self-Encrypting Drives (SEDs), was awarded four and-a- quarter stars in SC Magazine’s recent review of endpoint security solutions. The full review can be found here.
SC Magazine’s Technology Editor focused the review primarily on ERAS’ encryption management capabilities, noting: “Deploying full hardware-based encryption throughout the enterprise can be a tricky feat in many environments. This is where the EMBASSY Remote Administration Server, or ERAS, from Wave Systems shines the brightest.” He added, “Administrators can use this product to quickly and easily manage many types of both hardware- and software-based encryption throughout the enterprise.”
In the categories of “performance” and “ease of use,” Wave garnered five stars.
SC Magazine also lauded the added functionality of ERAS when paired with the Safend Data Protection Suite from Wave, detailing the “full security policy templates for International Bank Account Number (IBAN), payment card industry (PCI), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), among many others.”
“This exemplary rating from SC Magazine truly affirms the value and leadership that Wave brings in leveraging embedded security to reduce costs and complexity for the enterprise,” explained Steven Sprague, CEO of Wave Systems. “Today’s IT managers need to think beyond just encryption alone, ensuring there are policy-based access controls, centralized administration and proof of compliance. The goal of ERAS is to cover all the bases, while making it easier than ever before.”
Key Enterprise Benefits of ERAS
- Facilitates easy deployment of TPMs, any Opal-based self-encrypting drives, and/or SafeNet ProtectDrive FDE software.
- Provides significant cost savings for deployment of advanced security.
- Boosts productivity of network administrators for dealing with TPMs, any Opal-compliant drive, and/or SafeNet ProtectDrive FDE software.
- Provides a consistent management interface for systems containing secure hardware.
- Aids in proving regulatory compliance for data protection.
ERAS is compatible with XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.